An engineered raft foundation and flooring system that offers real benefits over a conventional concrete slab.
SuperSlab is an above ground engineered raft foundation system, commonly known as a raft foundation, pod floor, waffle slab or floating foundation, that delivers real benefits over a conventional concrete floor and foundations.
A grillage of beams within the concrete slab provides a stiffer and stronger final product than a conventional 100mm concrete slab on grade, and because of its inherent strength a deepened perimeter footing can usually be omitted.
For more information, view and download the SuperSlab brochure
Where to use it?
SuperSlab can be used on all ground conditions regardless of your land classification, including:
- Residential foundation and floor slabs
- Shed floors
- Small commercial buildings
SuperSlab has the following benefits over conventional floors and foundations:
- Faster installation
- Minimal excavation
- Low soil-bearing capabilities (perfect for soft ground)
- Multiple pod void formers available
- Thermally insulated
- Easy service installation
Sustainable, Compliant and Versatile Flooring Solution
Super Slab includes QPOD as a sustainable alternative to traditional polystyrene pod void formers within the raft foundation system. Polystyrene pods can be directly substituted for QPOD, with four pods replicating the standard 1100mm x 1100mm sqm and 220mm deep polystyrene pods.
Key benefits include:
- Made from recycled material and 100% recyclable with zero landfill waste
- Reduced site waste
- Efficient transportation and storage (pods for a 180sqm home can be transported on the back of a ute or single axis trailer)
- Ease of installation in windy conditions
- A CodeMark certified plastic pod raft flooring system
- Integrated 40mm spacer eliminates the need for mesh chairs
- Stability - pods interlock to stay put during concrete pour and windy conditions
Click on the links below for more information:
BRANZ Appraised and CodeMark Certified
SuperSlab is BRANZ appraised and CodeMark certified. Having a CodeMark certification means building consent authorities will accept Super Slab as complying with the New Zealand Building Code (when used as specified in the CodeMark certificate). You will still need to apply for building consent, however the CodeMark means no delays at council.
Documents required as per CodeMark Certification:
- Allied Concrete SuperSlab Technical Manual
- CodeMark Certificate of Conformity
- BRANZ Appraisal
Visit the Technical Resources section for all technical product information.
Contact us today to learn more about how SuperSlab can benefit your project!