Glow With Allied Concrete's READY Glow Luminescent Aggregate Concrete
Allied Concrete's READY Glow can be used to add unique design elements and adds a functioning, self powering renewable light source for any type of decorative concrete application.
Exposure to 40 seconds of direct sunlight produces an afterglow of over 15+ hrs. (Halogen and fluorescent lights produce glow too!)
Where to use it
- Driveways and pathways
- Interior floors
- Pools and pool surrounds
- Hardscaping and landscaping
- Safety in low light areas
Benefits of READY Glow
- Self functioning light source
- Stones charge under natural sunlight and artificial light such as halogen or fluorescent
- Increases safety in low light areas
READY Glow Range
READY Glow Stones
Glow stones are great for large or small areas where visual impact from a distance is important.
|6mm - 9mm||Sky Blue|
|11mm - 14mm||Aqua Blue|
Nb. Each aggregate size is available in all three colours.
READY Glow Applications
READY Glow products can be used in various applications including but not limited to the following:
- Hand-broadcasted/seeded onto concrete surfaces
similar to seeding colour flakes and recycled glass.
- Used inside of your formwork by spraying adhesive on the inside of your formwork then seeding with READY Glow stones.
- Mixed directly into overlay mixes.
In addition, READY Glow can also be:
- Ground and polished to any level of finish from
external pathway 100 grit to mirror 3000 grit.
- Sealed as you would usually seal your concrete
projects (this product works very well with both water and solvent-based mixes).
How to Order
READY Glow is available exclusively to Allied Concrete and Ashby's Ready Mixed customers only. To order, please contact your local plant and advise at time of concrete booking.
All READY Glow orders require a minimum lead time to supply of 5 working days, subject to availability. Orders can be collected from your local plant.
READY Glow is a high performance, non toxic, photo luminescent aggregate specifically formulated for use with decorative concrete.
Non - radioactive
- Non toxic and safe for use in all types of environments.
- Exposure to 40 seconds of direct sunlight produces an afterglow of over 15+ hrs.
- Exposure to daylight (indirect sunlight) for 8 minutes produces an afterglow of up to 15+ hrs.
- Exposure to artificial light such as Halogen or Fluorescent for approximately 10 - 30 minutes produces an afterglow of up to 15+ hours.
- The luminosity of the aggregates is dependent on actual particle size and can reach an initial intensity burst of 3612 mcd/m2 @ 1 minute and then begin degrading once removed from light source.
Stability of physical and chemical properties
- READY Glow works between +500 degrees Celsius and -30 Degrees Celsius.
- It is resistant to high and/or extended exposure to ultraviolet radiation and does not discolour under 300-watt high mercury lamp or 1000 hours at 35 Degrees Celsius -40 Degrees Celsius, 80% humidity.
- READY Glow is unaffected by most chemicals and performs even in the worst outdoor conditions.
- Ready Glow stones DO NOT expand or contract in concrete or any other substrate.