Glow With Allied Concrete's READY Glow Luminescent Aggregate Concrete
Allied Concrete's READY Glow can be used to add unique design elements and adds a functioning, self powering renewable light source for any type of decorative concrete application.
Exposure to 40 seconds of direct sunlight produces an afterglow of over 15+ hrs. (Halogen and fluorescent lights produce glow too!)
Where to use it
- Driveways and pathways
- Interior floors
- Pools and pool surrounds
- Hardscaping and landscaping
- Safety in low light areas
Benefits of READY Glow
- Self functioning light source
- Stones charge under natural sunlight and artificial light such as halogen or fluorescent
- Increases safety in low light areas
READY Glow Range
READY Glow Stones
Glow stones are great for large or small areas where visual impact from a distance is important.
|6mm - 9mm||Sky Blue|
|11mm - 14mm||Aqua Blue|
Nb. Each aggregate size is available in all three colours.
READY Glow Applications
READY Glow products can be used in various applications including but not limited to the following:
- Hand-broadcasted/seeded onto concrete surfaces
similar to seeding colour flakes and recycled glass.
- Used inside of your formwork by spraying adhesive on the inside of your formwork then seeding with READY Glow stones.
- Mixed directly into overlay mixes.
In addition, READY Glow can also be:
- Ground and polished to any level of finish from
external pathway 100 grit to mirror 3000 grit.
- Sealed as you would usually seal your concrete
projects (this product works very well with both water and solvent-based mixes).
READY Glow is a high performance, non toxic, photo luminescent aggregate specifically formulated for use with decorative concrete.
Non - radioactive
- Non toxic and safe for use in all types of environments.
- Exposure to 40 seconds of direct sunlight produces an afterglow of over 15+ hrs.
- Exposure to daylight (indirect sunlight) for 8 minutes produces an afterglow of up to 15+ hrs.
- Exposure to artificial light such as Halogen or Fluorescent for approximately 10 - 30 minutes produces an afterglow of up to 15+ hours.
- The luminosity of the aggregates is dependent on actual particle size and can reach an initial intensity burst of 3612 mcd/m2 @ 1 minute and then begin degrading once removed from light source.
Stability of physical and chemical properties
- READY Glow works between +500 degrees Celsius and -30 Degrees Celsius.
- It is resistant to high and/or extended exposure to ultraviolet radiation and does not discolour under 300-watt high mercury lamp or 1000 hours at 35 Degrees Celsius -40 Degrees Celsius, 80% humidity.
- READY Glow is unaffected by most chemicals and performs even in the worst outdoor conditions.
- Ready Glow stones DO NOT expand or contract in concrete or any other substrate.