READY Super Slab
An engineered raft flooring system that offers real benefits over a conventional concrete slab!
READY Super Slab is an above ground engineered flooring system, commonly known as a rib raft foundation, pod floor, waffle slab or floating foundation, that delivers real benefits over a conventional concrete floor and foundations.
A grillage of beams within the concrete slab provides a stiffer and stronger final product than a conventional 100mm concrete slab on grade, and because of its inherent strength a deepened perimeter footing can usually be omitted.
Where to use it?
READY Super Slab can be used on all ground conditions regardless of your land classification, including:
- Residential foundation and floor slabs
- Shed floors
- Small commercial buildings
READY Super Slab has the following benefits over conventional floors and foundations:
- Faster installation
- Minimal Excavation
- Low soil-bearing capabilities (perfect for soft ground)
- Multiple pod void former available
- Thermally insulated
- Makes service installation easy!
Sustainable and Versatile Flooring Solution
Q-POD Recycled Plastic Pods
READY Super Slab now includes Q-POD as a sustainable alternative to traditional polystyrene pod void formers within the flooring system. Polystyrene pods can be directly substituted for Q-POD, with four pods replicating the standard 1100mm x 1100mm square and 220mm deep polystyrene pods.
Key benefits include:
- Made from recycled material and 100% recyclable with zero landfill waste
- Reduced site waste
- Efficient transportation and storage (Pods for a 180sqm home can be transported on the back of a ute or single axis trailer)
- Ease of installation in windy conditions
- The only CodeMark Certified plastic pod raft flooring system in New Zealand
- Integrated 40mm spacer eliminates the need for mesh chairs
- Stability - pods interlock to stay put during concrete pour and windy conditions
BRANZ and CodeMark Certified
READY Super Slab has a BRANZ apprasial and is now CodeMark Certified. Having a CodeMark Certification means building consent authorities will accept READY Super Slab as complying with the New Zealand Building Code (when used as specified in the CodeMark certificate). You will still need to apply for building consent, however the CodeMark means no delays at council.
Documents required as per CodeMark Certification:
- Allied READY Super Slab Technical Manual
- CodeMark Certificate of Conformity
- BRANZ Appraisal
Visit the Technical Resources section for all technical product information.