The Winner Takes It All
Allied Concrete has taken home more than a few gongs at the awards held recently as part of the annual ConcreteNZ Conference in Rotorua in mid-October.
A massive congratulations to Megan Blance (Blenheim plant supervisor) who was awarded the Concrete Industry Apprentice of the Year. Megan is the first woman to win this award. In her nomination, her exceptional leadership skills and ability to always step up to the plate were among her many strengths.
Nelson/Marlborough/West Coast Area Manager Andy Parker said Megan was a worthy recipient of the award, with her hard work to improve the performance of both the Blenheim and Nelson plants of particular note.
“Megan was the unsung hero behind the scenes and in many ways the plants at the top of the South Island wouldn’t run as efficiently without her.
“Megan is a team player and puts her staff first. The clients love her and say she is doing a great job.”
At the awards, Allied Concrete’s excellence in its plants was also recognised, with 32 plants picking up various Plant Audit Scheme excellence awards. Of the eight Gold level awards handed out, Allied Concrete received five of these. Congratulations to the Nelson, Washdyke (Timaru), Settlers Line – Palmerston North, Penrose and Silverdale (Furnace Road) on these achievements.
Marking a fitting end to a big job, the Transmission Gully project picked up the Technical Excellence Award – congratulations to the Wellington team and all those who worked on this project.
Allied Concrete were also nominated for the following categories:
• Extra Distance Award – Gates of Haast AND Britomart Chief Post Office Underpinning
• Health & Safety Award – Safe Site Delivery
• Carbon Reduction Award – Measuring carbon emissions, use of SCM’s and recycling - glass, paint and plastic in concrete production
• Inclusion & Diversity Award – Supporting Women in Trades and Diversity and Inclusion role models
Another highlight of this standout evening was National Services Manager Bob Officer being named an Honorary Life Member of ConcreteNZ. Bob is Allied Concrete’s longest serving staff member, and has been in the concrete industry for more than 30 years. Congratulations on your outstanding achievement, Bob.
Plant Audit Scheme Excellence Awards
Gold Status - 10+ years
- Allied Concrete Limited’s Nelson
- Allied Concrete Limited’s Washdyke, Timaru
- Allied Concrete Limited’s Settlers Line, Palmerston North
- Allied Concrete’s Penrose
- Allied Concrete’s Silverdale (Furnace Road)
Silver Status - 5+ years
- Allied Concrete’s Matamata
- Allied Concrete’s Rotorua
- Allied Concrete’s Tauranga
- Allied Concrete’s Whakatane
- Allied Concrete’s Whitianga
- Allied Concrete Limited’s Alexandra
- Allied Concrete Limited’s Ashburton
- Allied Concrete Cromwell
- Allied Concrete Limited’s Gore
- Allied Concrete Limited’s Invercargill
- Allied Concrete Limited’s Wanaka
- Allied Queenstown Concrete Limited’s Frankton, Queenstown
- Allied Concrete’s New Plymouth
- Allied Concrete’s Wanganui
- Allied Concrete’s Bombay
- Allied Concrete’s Cambridge
- Allied Concrete’s Horotiu
Bronze Status - 3+ years
- Allied Concrete’s Taupo
- Allied Concrete Limited’s Greymouth (South Beach)
- Allied Concrete Limited’s Renwick
- Allied Concrete Gisborne
- Allied Concrete’s Ohau
- Allied Concrete’s Upper Hutt
- Allied Concrete’s Avondale